Character Citizenship Education
Every Temasekian a confident servant leader, rooted in values and committed to serve the community and globally.
To nurture student’s character and cultivate responsible citizens that contribute to their community.
Focused Areas to Strengthening Students' Well-being
1. Developing a Resilient Mindset through consistent messaging
- Temasek Leaders' Character Pledge
We, the leaders of Temasek Primary, pledge ourselves to be respectful to one another, to be responsible for our actions and to show consideration towards others.
We will persevere to give our best so as to become the future pillars of our nation.
-7 Habits Principles to provide a frame for staff and students
- Habit 1- Be Proactive
- Habit 2- Begin with End in Mind
- Habit 3- Put first things first
- Habit 4-Think win-win
- Habit 5-Seek first to understand, then be understood
- Habit 6-Synergise
- Habit 7-Sharpen the Saw
-Social and Emotional Learning(SEL)
Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) to affirm and validate the emotions through Self-awareness, to help students regulate their feelings through self-management, to cultivate Social Awareness with Relationship Mangement and Responsible Decision making.
Positive Emotions(Gratitude and Kindness Mindset)
Through the Kindness Projects and Gratitude Journal by staff and students.
2. Building Relevant Skills through International reinforcement across mutiple context in the entire CCE Curriculum which includes:
-Leader for Life Curriculum looks into equipping the students the following avenues
- School values
- 7 Habits Principle
- Education and Career Guidance
- Sexuality Education
- Peer Support and Relationships (PSR) and Social Skills through initiatives such as Bully-free campaign, Mental Health Awareness Week and lessons to equip students with Help-seeking, Help-giving and Identification of Signs and Distress.
Mother Tongue CCE Curriculum
National Education Curriculum
National Education Curriculum aims to develop national cohesion, cultivate the instinct for survival as a nation and instill in our students confidence in our nation's future. It also emphasises on cultivating a sense of belonging and emotional rootedness to Singapore. National Education is pervasively implemented through Social Studies lessons, Learning Journeys, Ne Events and Project Work.
3. Providing a Caring and Enabling Environment
Positive Teacher-Student Relationship
Positive Teacher-student Relationship throught folstering a strong teacher-student relationship via avenues such as the 1 to 1 interaction,Voice Matters and Temasek Starts Right.
Peer Support and Relationships
Peer Support and Relationships through peer bonding, peer influence and peer helping via avenues such as CCAs. Learning Tapestry, Kindness ambassadors and Peer Support Leaders.
Positive behaviour and management of discipline
Postive behavious and management of discipline through the restorative approach via ACORN Discipline Reflection tool
Councelling and Learning Support
Councelling and learning support for early intervention for students who need additional help.
- Student Leadership Development looks into the development of student's leadership attributes and competencies in class committes, CCAs and perfect Council Leadership Training and Enrichment Programmes, Overseas immersion Trips and Service in School and during school events
- Service Learning(Value in Action) focuses on community involvement programme that promote active participation by staff and students to enhance the well-being of the community and the country. It aims to strengthen the school's links with the community and enhance character development and leadership in our students.