|Head Of Department
Mrs Yee - Lua Sin Nee
Mr Martin Goh Poh Huat (Level Head)
Miss May O (Year Head)
Miss Loh Ooi Wan (School Staff Developer)
Mrs Yeo - Ng Siok Hoon (Lead Teacher)
Mrs Vikirawati Choo
Mrs Ivy Ho
Mdm Arveen Kaur
Mrs Ong Cai Ling
Mrs Reavathiy Kumar
Ms Nancy Chia
Mr Bernard Lee
Mdm Choo Ping Li
Mr Mohamed Akramullah
Mathematics is an excellent vehicle for the development and improvement of a person’s intellectual competence in logical reasoning, spatial visualisation, analysis and abstract thought. Mathematics education in Temasek aims to enable pupils to acquire the necessary mathematical concepts and skills for everyday life, and for continuous learning in mathematics and related disciplines. It seeks to develop in pupils an appreciation of mathematics as an important and powerful tool in everyday life.
Every pupil is a self directed and competent problem solver who is effective is thinking and mathematical communication.
At the end of the 6-year programme, pupils would be able to:-
- Use their knowledge of mathematical concepts to reason logically and communicate mathematically
- Apply their mathematical thinking and problem solving skills to formulate and solve problems
- Select and use effective strategies to solve closed, open-ended and non-routine problems and evaluate their solutions
- Seek alternative ways of solving the same problem
- Present elegant solutions to problems and check the appropriateness and reasonableness of the answer
- Recognise connections between mathematical ideas, and between mathematics and other disciplines, and between mathematics and everyday life
- Develop positive attitudes towards mathematics.
Every Temasekian will understand that
- Mathematical problem solving is central to mathematics learning.
- Mathematics is a language consisting of clearly defined terms and symbols.
- Mathematics is the study of data, patterns and relationships
- Mathematics is an integrated whole, not merely isolated pieces of knowledge
- Mathematics is a tool used to solve real- world problems
Mathematics is a hierarchical subject. Higher concepts and skills are built upon the more foundational ones and have to be learnt in a logical sequence. A spiral approach is adopted to build up the concepts and skills across the strands and up the levels. Pupils develop mathematical concepts and skills progressively from the concrete and pictorial levels to the abstract level.
|SPACE (School-Parent Acing Children's Experience)||P1 - P4||Core|
|STEMS ( Striving Towards Excellence in Mathematical Skills)||P1 - P6||Core|
|2 Problems a Day||P1 - P6||Core|
|Speed Tests||P5 - P6||Core|
|Mathematical Olympiad Training Programme||P4 - P6||Enrichment|