Home > About Us > School Rules & Regulations > Attire and Appearance
Attire and Appearance
1. The Temasek Primary Uniform
- Every pupil must come to school in full uniform i.e. light pink striped cotton blouse and chestnut brown skirt for girls and light pink striped cotton shirt and chestnut brown shorts for boys.
- The pupil’s name tag and school badge to be worn in this order:
- The shirts/blouses of the previous uniform must be tucked in at all times.
- The shirts/blouses of the new uniform must not be tucked in.
- The sleeves of the blouse or shirt should not be folded.
- For the girls, the length of the skirt should be in the region just above the knee to mid knee.
- Pupils are to wear the prescribed school uniform and modification to the uniform is not allowed.
- The school uniform must be worn at all times when pupils report to school, even during the school holidays, for CCAs or enrichment classes. Pupils must be neatly attired to uphold the name of the school.
2. Shoes and socks
- White school shoes are to be worn.
- White track shoes may only be worn on medical grounds and school to be kept informed
- regarding use of special footwear due to medical condition.
- Track shoes for CCA purposes should be worn during CCA sessions only after permission has
- been sought.
- Socks should be plain white or the prescribed Temasek socks 4cm above the ankle bone.
3. PE Attire
- Pupils must wear the correct PE attire (school tee-shirt and shorts). The PE tee-shirt must be tucked in at all times.
4. School Tie
- The school tie is to be worn on the last Tuesday (P1 & P2), Wednesday (P3 & P4), Thursday (P5 & P6) of each month (Leaders' Week) and at special school functions.
5. Hair and Accessories
- Hair should be kept neat, tidy and simply styled.
- Hairstyle should not be distracting. Tinted dyed or coloured hair and hairstyles with 'tails' are strictly forbidden.
- Girls with hair touching the shoulder must be tied up. Fringe must not touch the eyebrows.
- Hair accessories for girls should be in solid black or brown (i.e no glitter).
- Boys should be clean shaven at all times.
- To maintain personal hygiene, fingernails to be kept short and clean.
- No nail polish or strengthener should be applied to fingernails.
- Only one pair of identical, small and simple ear studs may be worn.
- Ornament accessories like friendship bands, bracelets, etc are not permitted.
8. Electronic Devices
- To ensure no disruption to learning, mobile communication devices (eg. mobile phones, smart watches etc) are not allowed to be brought to school. For special cases, written permission must be sought. In such cases, usage of such devices are limited only to the parent waiting area.
- Pupils are not allowed to bring any electronic related devices such as portable music/video players, cameras, VCDs, DVDs, and CDs to school.
- The school will not be responsible for any lost or damage of electronic devices (including handphones, netbooks, laptops and iPads.
- Pupils are not allowed to wear make-up at any time except when performing during concerts.